Program Manager Design Engineering
Almelo, Overijssel, NetherlandsProgram Management
As Program Manager Design Engineering at Benchmark Electronics you are responsible for realizing projects to the full satisfaction of the customer and internal organization, maintaining the relationship with the client(s) and bringing in new business.
What you can add
As a Program Manager you continuously strive to improve results in the field of customer satisfaction and profitable results. You are technically, financially and commercially responsible for the implementation of one or more multidisciplinary projects from idea to production. In addition, as a Program Manager you are the leading discussion partner for the customer, the manager of the team and the sparring partner of the account manager and the MT.
How you add value
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you take responsibility;
- You develop yourself by taking risks, making mistakes and learning from them;
- You look forward and are action driven;
- You help each other, share ideas and push your boundaries;
- You observe trends and new technologies and apply them;
- You continuously develop on technical content and soft skills.
You have the following tasks
- Responsible for managing the relationship with existing customers;
- Identifies new business opportunities, generates scope extensions and new orders;
- Leads quotation processes and provides the right proposal documents, financial estimates and schedules for new customer projects;
- Effectively executes (technical, organizational and/or relational) medium-sized and technically complex long-term projects for international clients;
- In consultation with management, leads the preparation, negotiation and drafting of contracts with customers, subcontractors/suppliers and Manufacturing;
- Identifies customer needs in the longer term and drives changes in the own organization where necessary to be able to continue to optimally serve the customer;
- Assembles multidisciplinary project teams for projects, directs them and supports the project members, including defining tasks, responsibilities and authorities within the program;
- Manages medium-sized project groups (approximately 5-20 employees) consisting of Senior Designers, Design Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Project Leaders.
We are looking for our new colleague with
- A completed HBO or WO education in the direction of Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience as a project leader within product development and preferably developed from a developer (lead) role;
- Experience in an environment developing products across the electrical or mechanical axis;
- Experience with project management skills, preferably supplemented by training/course and experience with MS Project Office and Excel;
- Experience in a multidisciplinary product development environment, preferably set up for serial production;
- Management and negotiation skills, reporting and communication techniques;
- A clear vision: you can lead large projects and you can include others in your vision;
- An enterprising, decisive, proactive and result-oriented mindset.
A working environment where you are part of a global company. You will work in independent teams where we are open to new initiatives and ideas from everyone. You will work in a dynamic environment that offers you the space to make quick steps, to grow, also through our Benchmark Academy and to get responsibility. These steps are possible within and outside your current job area. Within this environment, the work is not only challenging, but above all fun.
We offer excellent conditions in addition to an appropriate salary such as:
- 27 vacation days and 13 ATV days (based on a 40-hour work week);
- Flexible working hours. As long as you make sure your work gets done, there is a possibility within Benchmark to arrange your working hours in a flexible way;
- Broad development opportunities. Within Benchmark there are numerous opportunities for development such as courses or training;
- Entrepreneurship is seen, appreciated and stimulated.
Benchmark in Almelo is part of the multinational Benchmark Inc., a listed company in the field of manufacturing electronics and providing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). At Benchmark you work for companies that make an impact with their innovations. We develop new products for these organizations; products that increase safety, health or, on the contrary, convenience. We supply these products from product design to volume production and directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is carried out entirely in Almelo.
Have you become interested in working at a fast-growing, internationally operating project organization? Respond immediately! Are you looking for more information? Please contact Manon Voskamp via email@example.com.
Note to agencies:
No rights or obligations can be derived from the unsolicited presentation of CVs or profiles of candidates.