Netherlands, Overijssel, AlmeloPurchasing
As a Project Buyer at Benchmark you are an important link in the purchasing process during NPI Projects (New Product Introduction). The aim of this position is to translate the Supply Chain plan into arranging new items, entering into supplier contracts, improving our purchasing policy and purchasing the right components, at the right price, at the right time.
What you can add:
As a Project Buyer you are responsible for the procurement policy regarding NPI projects of Benchmark. You determine in consultation with the internal organization and the customer what is needed for the projects. You are the point of contact within the project team for all purchasing related matters for both internal and external customers.
You select the supplier based on the best price-quality ratio and lead time and then negotiate with this supplier. You supervise the entire delivery process. This way you balance between closing the best deal for Benchmark and maintaining a good relationship with the supplier. You use this strategic insight to continuously ensure that the best parts arrive at the right time and that the highest quality of our products is guaranteed.
You analyze the purchasing package for all items in the NPI project and prepare improvement plans in collaboration with the suppliers. In your role as Project Buyer you are continuously analyzing the supply market and keeping your knowledge up-to-date.
How you can add value:
- By being enterprising and taking responsibility.
- By showing self-knowledge, taking risks and showing your competencies in the position and knowing when you need help and then acting accordingly.
- By wanting to complete the process together and by ensuring a pleasant team.
- You continuously develop on technical content and on soft skills.
You have the following tasks:
- Requesting and comparing quotations and corporate contracts for all items in the NPI project.
- Optimizing and evaluating schedules and forecasts for component deliveries based on the need in the ERP system.
- Managing the clear to build NPI overview and setting up actions on it towards the supplier or Strategic Purchaser and communicating the actions taken to the Project Team.
- Maintaining partnerships with suppliers, NPI planners, Manufacturing Engineers, Project Leaders and the customer.
- Negotiating on price, delivery times & options, reliability and quality.
- Analyzing the purchasing package and preparing improvement plans with suppliers; this translates into logistics concepts, second sourcing critical supplier and second sourcing when production takes place in another region.
- Analyzing timely open regular orders, non-regular (articles of which the specification is not complete or deviating) orders, back orders, kit purchase orders and other purchase signals, including order confirmations.
We are looking for you if you fit the following
- A completed education in (Technical) Business Administration (or related) in the direction of Supply Chain Management at least at HBO level.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of simulation tools in the field of Supply Chain Management (Rapid Response).
- Knowledge of strategy and methods related to risk management, quality management, supply chain management, procurement management and knowledge of MRP/ERP and automated systems.
A work environment where you are part of a global company. Here you will work in independent teams where we are open to new initiatives and ideas from everyone. You will work in a dynamic environment that offers you the space to make quick steps, to grow, also through our Benchmark Academy and to get responsibility. These steps are possible within and outside your current job area. Within this environment, the work is not only challenging, but above all fun.
We offer excellent conditions in addition to an appropriate salary such as:
- 27 vacation days and 13 atv days.
- Flexible working hours. As long as you make sure your work gets done, there is a possibility within Benchmark to arrange your working hours in a flexible way.
- Broad development opportunities. Within Benchmark there are numerous opportunities for development.
- Entrepreneurship is seen, appreciated and stimulated.
Benchmark in Almelo is part of the multinational Benchmark Inc., a publicly traded company in the field of electronics manufacturing and providing services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). At Benchmark you work for companies that make an impact with their innovations, we develop new products that improve safety, health or convenience. We deliver these products from product design to volume production and even directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is performed entirely in Almelo. Currently Benchmark Inc. has 23 locations. In Almelo we have 500 employees.
Have you become interested in working for a fast-growing, internationally operating projects organization? Then apply immediately! Are you looking for more information? Please contact Manon Voskamp at email@example.com.
Note to agencies:
No rights or obligations can be derived from the unsolicited presentation of CVs or profiles of candidates.