Supplier Development Engineer
Netherlands, Overijssel, AlmeloPurchasing
As a Supplier Development Engineer at Benchmark, you will be part of the purchasing department. It is up to you to develop a vision of developing the suppliers within the existing supply chain and qualifying new suppliers.
In this role you will be responsible for selecting, qualifying and monitoring the suppliers thereby improving supplier performance through Performance Meetings, audits, process validations and drafting improvement plans.
You are part of multidisciplinary development projects for high-tech customers and are able to propose and/or value (technical) solutions and link them to the right suppliers.
What you can add:
As a Supplier Development Engineer your focus is on developing and improving supplier performance in terms of quality and lead time. With your technical background and analytical outlook, you will supervise improvement projects together with the suppliers. Because you remain critical in this role and at the same time can constructively spar with suppliers and (mostly) highly educated colleagues, you ensure that the set goals in the area of procurement for development projects are achieved.
You create a professional environment in which you encourage suppliers to develop themselves in order to improve their performance in the areas of quality and lead time. In addition, you solve quality problems together with the supplier and you assess measures for supplier rejection.
How you can add value:
- You will perform root cause analyses, record corrective and preventive actions and determine follow-up actions;
- You conduct supplier audits and report findings to the Purchasing Manager and the program;
- You provide support for various technically complex development projects and ensure that the product and supply chain are optimally coordinated. You will set selection criteria for suppliers based on the requirements and wishes of the customer or Benchmark;
- You are the discussion partner for engineers and part of multidisciplinary development projects;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, take responsibility and are critical towards suppliers and the internal process;
- You develop yourself by challenging yourself, learning from possible mistakes and you enjoy broadening your knowledge by learning from the environment and your mostly highly educated colleagues.
You have the following tasks:
- Contacts buyers and suppliers as a result of delivery and quality problems; takes actions, maintains and ensures that the actions are implemented;
- Monitors & advises suppliers on improvement plans and risks, prepares reports for management on how to improve performance;
- Sets up actions (possibly with the supplier) for solving production quality problems (both logistical, organizational and quality problems);
- Draws up and discusses audit plans and audits both suppliers and the internal organization;
- Coordinates improvement plans in the area of Supplier Performance;
- Analyzes existing procedures and practices within the purchasing department. Establishes new procedures and practices, evaluates them, and makes adjustments as needed;
- Establishes validation programs and review reports with respect to process validation programs;
- You are responsible for the preparation of a Supply Chain Management plan. You develop, carry out and adjust the vision, strategy and policy in the area of supplier selection towards NPI projects, buyers and management;
- Responsible for assessing, analyzing suppliers in terms of delivery reliability and quality.
We are looking for you if you fit the following
- A completed college degree in Technical Business Administration or related;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience within the field;
- The quality to think process critically and develop vision in the area of supplier improvements;
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes or able to quickly acquire knowledge;
- The personality and qualities to continuously improve;
- An entrepreneurial, decisive, proactive and results-oriented mindset.
A work environment where you are part of a global company. Here you will work in independent teams where we are open to new initiatives and ideas from everyone. You will work in a dynamic environment that offers you the space to make quick steps, to grow, also through our Benchmark Academy and to get responsibility. These steps are possible within and outside your current job area. Within this environment, the work is not only challenging, but above all fun.
We offer excellent conditions in addition to an appropriate salary such as:
- 27 vacation days and 13 atv days.
- Flexible working hours. As long as you make sure your work gets done, there is a possibility within Benchmark to arrange your working hours in a flexible way.
- Broad development opportunities. Within Benchmark there are numerous opportunities for development.
- Entrepreneurship is seen, appreciated and stimulated.
Benchmark in Almelo is part of the multinational Benchmark Inc., a publicly traded company in the field of electronics manufacturing and providing services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). At Benchmark you work for companies that make an impact with their innovations, we develop new products that improve safety, health or convenience. We deliver these products from product design to volume production and even directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is performed entirely in Almelo. Currently Benchmark Inc. has 23 locations. In Almelo we have 500 employees.
Have you become interested in working for a fast-growing, internationally operating projects organization? Then apply immediately! Are you looking for more information? Please contact Manon Voskamp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to agencies:
No rights or obligations can be derived from the unsolicited presentation of CVs or profiles of candidates.