Supplier Development Engineer
As a Supplier Development Engineer at Benchmark you are part of the purchasing department. It is up to you to develop a vision of developing the suppliers within the existing supply chain and qualifying new suppliers.
In this role you are responsible for selecting, qualifying and monitoring suppliers, which improves supplier performance through Performance Meetings, audits, process validations and drawing up improvement plans.
You are part of multidisciplinary development projects for high-tech customers and are able to propose (technical) solutions and / or value them and link them to the right suppliers.
What you can add
Within this position, the focus will be on developing and improving supplier performance in terms of quality and lead time. With your technical background and analytical view, you will supervise improvement projects together with the suppliers. Because you remain critical in this role and at the same time can constructively spar with the supplier and (often) highly educated colleagues, you ensure that the goals set in the field of purchasing for development projects are achieved.
How to add value
You create a professional environment in which you encourage suppliers to develop in order to improve performance in the areas of quality and lead time.
- You solve quality problems together with the supplier and assess measures for supplier rejection.
- You perform root cause analyzes, record corrective and preventive measures and determine the follow-up actions.
- You conduct supplier audits and report the findings to the Purchasing Manager and the program.
- You provide support in various technical complex development projects and ensure that the product and supply chain are optimally aligned.
- You set selection criteria for suppliers based on the requirements and wishes of the customer, or Benchmark.
- You are the discussion partner for engineers and part of multidisciplinary development projects.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, take responsibility and are critical of suppliers and the internal process.
- You develop yourself by challenging yourself, learning from possible mistakes and you enjoy broadening your knowledge by learning from the environment and your often highly educated colleagues.
You have the following tasks
Responsible for assessing and analyzing suppliers in terms of delivery reliability and quality.
- In response to delivery problems and quality problems, contacts buyers and suppliers; takes actions, maintains and ensures that the actions are carried out.
- Monitors & advises suppliers on improvement plans and risks, prepares reports for management on how to improve performance.
- Draws up actions (possibly with the supplier) for the purpose of solving production quality problems (logistics, organizational and quality problems).
- Draws up an audit plan, discusses it and audits both suppliers and the internal organization.
- Coordinates improvement plans in the field of Supplier Performance.
- Analyzes existing procedures and working methods within the purchasing department. Draws up new procedures and working methods, evaluates them and adjusts them if necessary.
- Prepares validation programs and review reports on process validation programs.
- You are responsible for drawing up a Supply Chain Management plan. You develop, propagate and adjust the vision, strategy and policy in the field of supplier selection towards NPI projects, buyers and management.
We are looking for a new colleague with
A completed higher vocational education degree in Industrial Engineering or related.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field.
- The quality to think critically in the process and to develop a vision in the field of supplier improvements.
- Has knowledge of production processes or is able to quickly acquire knowledge.
- The personality and qualities to continuously improve.
- An entrepreneurial, decisive, proactive and result-oriented mindset.
A working environment where you are part of a global company. You will work in independent teams where we are open to new initiatives and ideas from everyone. You work in a dynamic environment that offers you the space to take steps quickly, to grow and to take responsibility. These steps can be done within and outside your current job area. Within this environment, the work is not only challenging, but above all a lot of fun. In addition to an appropriate salary, we offer excellent conditions such as:
- 27 vacation days and 13 atv days.
- Flexible working hours. As long as you ensure that your work is finished, Benchmark offers the possibility to organize your working hours in a flexible way.
- Broad development opportunities. Within Benchmark there are countless opportunities to develop.
- Entrepreneurship is seen, appreciated and stimulated.
Benchmark in Almelo is part of the multinational Benchmark Inc., a listed company in the field of manufacturing electronics and providing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). At Benchmark you work for companies that make an impact with their innovations, for example, they develop new products that increase safety, health or convenience. They supply these products from product design to volume production and directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is carried out entirely in Almelo. Currently, Benchmark Inc. 23 branches. 500 employees work in Almelo.
Have you become interested in working at a fast-growing, internationally operating project organization? Then apply immediately! Are you looking for more information? Please contact Manon Voskamp via email@example.com.
Acquisition is not appreciated. No rights or obligations can be derived from proposing candidates without an assignment from HR.