Sr. Embedded Linux Engineer
Almelo, Overijssel, NederlandDesign Engineering
As a Sr. Embedded Linux Software Engineer at Benchmark you will be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team with focus on embedded software development in high-tech products. You will be working in an international environment with plenty of opportunities for your personal development.
- As part a multi-disciplinary team you will work on the design, implementation and testing of the embedded software in a variety of high tech products.
- Your main focus in on
- Selection and configuration of an Embedded Linux kernel (Yocto, Red Hat)
- Configuration of a Board Support Package (BSP)
- Selection and customization of required Linux services
- Design, implementation and testing of customer specific applications
- You will be the technical interface with the customer.
- You will report your plans and progress to the Program Manager.
- You will work in close cooperation with other disciplines such as mechanics and electronics.
We are looking for a new colleague with
- A completed BSc/MSc education in the field of Computer Science or related.
- Experience with modern Software Engineering techniques and tooling.
- 5+ years of experience in Embedded Linux development (Yocto, Red Hat)
- Experience with software development in C/C++, QT/QML and Scripting.
- Experience in creating Requirement-, Software Architecture-, Design- and Test- documentation.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Electrical Engineering (understanding schematics).
You have at least basic knowledge of Where you can make the difference?
- You have a broad interest in different kinds of high tech products and application domains (industrial, medical, aerospace).
- You have to ability to easily and quickly get familiar with different kinds of software solutions.
- You have a solid technical basis and like to immerse yourself in a total product, but you also enjoy being in close contact with our customers.
- You have the drive and courage to investigate with customers what Benchmark could mean even more in the field of Embedded Software.
- A variety of technical challenges in a wide variety of projects in which Embedded Software is applied.
- Opportunity to grow, both in the organization and in a technical specialism.
- International cooperation with experienced specialists in the field of electronics, mechanics and software.
In addition, we offer you a working environment where you are part of a global company. You work in independent teams where we are open to new initiatives and ideas from everyone. You work in a dynamic environment that offers you the space to make quick steps, to grow and to take responsibility. These steps may be within and outside your current job area. Within this environment, the work is not only challenging, but above all a lot of fun. In addition to a suitable salary, we offer excellent conditions such as countless opportunities to develop yourself, such as courses or training.
Benchmark in Almelo is part of the multinational Benchmark Inc., a listed company in the field of manufacturing electronics and providing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). At Benchmark you work for companies that make an impact with their innovations, for example, they develop new products that increase safety, health or convenience. They supply these products from product design to volume production and directly to the end user. This entire process, from design to production, is carried out entirely in Almelo. Currently, Benchmark Inc. 23 branches. 500 employees work in Almelo.
Are you interested in working for a fast-growing, internationally operating project organization? Then apply immediately! Are you looking for more information? Please contact Manon Voskamp at email@example.com.
Note to agencies:
No rights or obligations can be derived from the unsolicited presentation of CVs or profiles of candidates.