Project Manager Design Engineering
As Project Manager Design Engineering at Benchmark Electronics you are 'CEO of your own business'. This consists of realizing projects to the full satisfaction of the customer and internal organization, maintaining the relationship with the client(s) and bringing in new business.
What you can add
As a Project Manager you continuously strive to improve results in the field of customer satisfaction and profitable results. You are technically, financially and commercially responsible for the implementation of one or more multidisciplinary projects from idea to production. In addition, as a Project Manager you are the leading discussion partner for the customer, the manager of the team and the sparring partner of the Program Manager and account manager.
How to add value
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you take responsibility.
- You develop yourself by taking risks, making mistakes and learning from them.
- You look forward and are action driven.
- You help each other, share ideas and push your boundaries.
- You observe trends and new technologies and apply them.
- You continuously develop on technical content and soft skills.
You have the following tasks
Responsible for managing the relationship with existing customers.
- Identifies new business opportunities, generates scope extensions and new assignments.
- Leads quotation processes and provides the right proposal documents, financial estimates and schedules for new customer projects.
- Effectively executes (technical, organizational and/or relational) medium-sized and technically complex long-term projects for international clients.
- Leads the preparation, negotiation and drafting of contracts with customers, subcontractors/suppliers and manufacturing in consultation with management.
- Identifies long-term customer needs and drives changes in the own organization where necessary in order to continue to optimally serve the customer.
- Assembles multidisciplinary project teams for projects, directs them and supports the project members, including defining tasks, responsibilities and authorities within the program.
- Manages medium-sized project groups (approximately 5-20 employees) consisting of senior designers, design engineers, system engineers, and technical project leaders.
We are looking for our new colleague with
- A completed HBO or WO education in the direction of Electrical Engineering, Physics or related.
- At least 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience as a project leader within product development and preferably developed from a hardware developer (lead) role.
- Extensive experience with project management skills, preferably supplemented by training/course and experience with MS Project Office and Excel.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary product development environment, preferably designed for serial production.
- Management and negotiation skills, reporting and communication techniques.
- Financial knowledge and strong analytical skills.
- An enterprising, decisive, proactive and results-oriented mindset.
At Benchmark in Almelo we work in multidisciplinary teams and in Almelo we do both the development and production of products. In addition to good primary and secondary conditions, the freedom you get at Benchmark to develop yourself is excellent. Entrepreneurship is valued within our flat organization.
We also offer:
- 27 vacation days and 13 atv days.
- Flexible working hours within your role and responsibilities.
Benchmark in Almelo is part of the multinational Benchmark Inc., a listed company in the field of manufacturing electronics and providing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). At Benchmark you work for companies that make an impact with their innovations, so they develop new products that increase safety, health or convenience. This entire process, from design to production, is carried out entirely in Almelo.
Currently Benchmark Inc has 23 branches. About 500 employees work in Almelo.
Have you become interested in working at a fast-growing, internationally operating project organization? Then respond immediately and no later than September 24.
The interviews for this vacancy will be held in the week of 4 and 11 October. Are you looking for more information? Please contact Manon Voskamp at email@example.com.
Note for agencies: No rights or obligations can be derived from the unsolicited presentation of CVs or profiles of candidates.